Monday 1 September 2008

Stephenie Meyer and the mysteriously 'leaked', Midnight Sun




Isn't she beautiful, isn't she a talented writer, yet has Stephenie Meyer gone over the top this time?

Is she still upset at the adverse comments on her last book, or is this for real? Stephenie suddenly lost her marbles and threw her latest book, the sequel to last screwed-up attempt, to the wind.

In an unheard-of occurrence, vampire-loving author, Stephenie Meyer suddenly terminated her famous Twilight book series after the final episode appeared mysteriously online – but was it so mysterious after all?

An unedited version of Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun became freely available ahead of time. How is that possible? My manuscript could never be available without my knowledge, how can hers?

It was apparently nowhere near complete, and had numerous typing errors and unfinished passages. Meyer was so infuriated she abandoned the entire project, even though the book was to be the final one in her fashionable series about vampires.

The trouble is, her last book flopped. Fans were outraged at the way the story went, so is she afraid of this flopping too? Is this her way out?

Writing on her own website, Stephenie told her remaining teenage fans, "I have a good idea of how the leak happened as very few copies of Midnight Sun left my possession and each was unique." She continued, "Unfortunately, with the internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest".

Meyer afterwards forwarded the unfinished manuscript onto the internet herself, saying, "This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest".

I think I’d have been pissed off as well, especially if I earned the sort of money she does from each book. To be honest, I’d be happy with 1% of her success. I just wish I knew how she did it.

Come on Stephenie, give me a few hints, let me in on your secrets. How does your publicity campaign operate? Or is this still part of the ongoing publicity?
.


No comments: