Friday 12 September 2008

Lauren Conrad signs book deal!

Lauren Conrad




It just had to happen, didn’t it!

Lauren Conrad has just signed a contract for three books with publishing house, HarperCollins. Talk about spin-doctors making hay! What will they think up for her next?

She's writing a young adult fiction series called LA Candy. Apparently, it's centred on her own extraordinary evolution.
Lauren said, "I've always loved books that I could lose myself in, ones that would transport me to another place, but had characters I could relate to. I'm so excited to have this opportunity to write books like that for other readers."

Well whaddyer know!

HarperCollins say the company is preparing up for a best selling series.

Bugger! I hate it when celebs muscle in on our world. Why don’t they stick to their own patch? We writers have a bad enough time selling books without bitches crowding the house.
.

"I've never seen a new project generate noise like the instant buzz that swept through our offices around this deal," said Elise Howard, Senior VP/Associate Publisher of Fiction, HarperCollins Children's Books. "'The Hills' and Lauren Conrad are household names among our staff, and their popularity is even higher among the teens who are our readers."

Isn’t everyone fed up of her yet?

I wonder who'll really be writing the books. Wish they’d contacted me.
.


Next post, Barack Obama.

.

No comments: