Tuesday 3 June 2008

The Great Supermarket Piss-Off

It's happened again! I couldn't find what I wanted.

What is it with supermarkets that make them change the location of their goodies? I hate it; hate it; HATE IT! It makes me seethe. I can't find the bloody tins. I can't find the bloody cleaning stuff. Why?

It ain't just Spain it happens. There seems to be a worldwide epidemic. Everywhere I go, the bloody idiots keep swapping things around. I don't know what it's like in the US but here???

I thought I was a bit cranky about it, thought I was over-the-top, but it seems I'm not alone. I was in a Tesco store back in the UK a while ago and there was a fella in an absolute rage.
"Why have they moved the f***ing things AGAIN?" he shouted at the top of his voice, to no one in particular, but effective all the same. "Leave the f***ing things alone, will you. Stop changing the f***ing place around!"

A bit extreme, but probably justified. I must say I feel like grabbing whoever's responsible and shaking them. Maybe they think they're using psychology. Maybe they believe we'll spot things we didn't think about whilst we're searching for our favourite bits.
THEY COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG! I end up so frustrated by it; it has the reverse effect on me. I get so angry I leave before I finish and go elsewhere to do my shopping. Okay. I probably calm down and go back the following week, but it doesn't change how I feel.

Take note Mr. Supermarket Manager. Leave the bloody goodies where they are. Shoppers are creatures if habit. We have brains. We want what we want, not what you want us to want. Don't try to persuade us by changing your store; it just pisses us off.
Previous post http://anthonyjamesbarnett.blogspot.com/2008/06/extremists-and-right-to-write.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right Write - 8 Cool Tips To Invoke Emotion And Write Right

Story Brief - Balance, Proportion And Plot In Your Story Brief
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: