Thursday 6 November 2008

Bogus charity street collector

Bedlam Viepoint.

I instinctively distrust them! Now I know I was right to do so. I hate giving to street collectors. I have my own list of favourite charities, and don't need approaching in the middle of a street to give to them. I give without being asked.

Jailed

A jobless animal rights activist, was detained in Stoke-on-Trent for using thousands of pounds from street collections. What did he do with the precious funds? He financed his damn pop band and supplemented his lifestyle.

He’s now been jailed for 15 months.

Lee Devenport, who tricked the community out of more than £8,000, was convicted of fraud following a seven-day trial in September.

Council Permit.

The 41-year-old, from Watling Street, Bury, was detained in Hanley on July 10 last year after erecting a stand without a council permit.

Devenport, who was handing out home-made newsletters in return for cash, fraudulently claimed he was working with genuine animal rights organisations.

Charity my arse!

I KNOW there are good and genuine people out there, but I can't help but distrust them. Am I so wrong?

I wonder if he's gone to Sing-Sing?



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To Describe - Mastering Descriptive Writing
To Write A Story - 20 Ways To Write A Story Better
Story Characters - 7 Cool Ways To Jump-Start Your Writing

End of Bogus charity street collector


No comments: