Friday 28 October 2011

The Happy Garden, Moraira - Don't Eat There

Bedlam - view

Yesterday we were in our local resort of Moraira on the Costa Blanca. A lovely place - quiet at this time of year now the tourist season is over.


Whilst there we decided to have a meal and chose one of our favourite restaurants - The Happy Garden.

Whoops - big mistake. I don't know if they have a new chef, but we actually hated the meal.The salt content burned my lips for ages after.

In the past the Vietnamese preparations have been wonderfully light - no MSG in sight. However, yesterday neither of us could finish our meal. The salt content must have been through the roof. I told the head waitress, but all she did was smile and nod congenially. I obviously did not convey the problem - so I screwed my face and made gagging noises. Still no reaction.

I hardly need say that we will NEVER grace the doors of The Happy Garden ever again. Such a shame. I used to rate it very highly, but now, The Happy Garden is off my list forever.

If you do not like over-salted food, I can only advise you to avoid The Happy Garden, Moraira.

No comments: